13 December 2010

Holiday Spirit: Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies


A few years ago I started making cookie care packages for my family for Christmas.  I usually do 4 or 5 different kinds of cookies for each and I've finally begun the baking for this year!!  To start, I made Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies a la Martha Stewart.


The recipe was very simple and made some delicious, huge cookies.  Crispy on the edges and chewy in the center, yummy!
 I followed the directions for the first batch, but I didn't have sanding sugar, so for the next batch I mixed up some cinnamon sugar for the top. Yum!

So I'm pretty sure during baking I ate at least 5 of these which is why there is a large glass of milk in the above photo and normally I'm a substituter .  I know what I'm like and I know I will always eat more baked goods than I should, so I try to make substitutions in recipes to make them slightly healthier, but these are full of sugar and they're fantastic! If you can't eat delicious baked goods during the holidays, when can you? These will definitely make a great addition to my cookie package! Up next, macaroons, orange cranberry short bread, white chocolate cranberry biscotti, and a surprise!!

What is YOUR favourite holiday treat?

1 comment:

  1. my favorite treat is...........white chocolate biscotti cookies mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cant wait to get some :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...